Conor McGregor confirms UFC return ahead of Khabib Nurmagomedov fight: “Honey I’m home”

 

 

McGregor has not fought in the Octagon since he knocked out Eddie Alvarez in 2016 – but now he’s back

Conor McGregor has confirmed his return to the UFC – and gets set to face off against Khabib Nurmagomedov.

The Notorious returns to the Octagon for the first time since he knocked out Eddie Alvarez to win the lightweight title in November 2016.

 

 

He has since spent time in the boxing ring, where he lost to Floyd Mayweather , while also enjoying a spell with his family and young son.

But he confirmed on Instagram on Thursday morning that he was returning to the UFC.

“Honey I’m home,” he wrote alongside a picture of himself wearing his UFC shorts.

 

McGregor avoided a prison sentence last month when he agreed a plea deal following his attack on a bus in New York in April.

That has paved the way for him to return to the Octagon in the United States against current 155lb champion Nurmagomedov.

McGregor’s lawyer Graham Kenny posted an Instagram story of his booked return flights from London to Las Vegas in early October.

He captioned the picture “It’s on…” with a picture of a winking Elvis Presley.

 

McGregor was stripped of his lightweight belt earlier this year before Nurmagomedov won the vacant strap by beating Al Iaquinta.

That followed the 30-year-old’s defeat by Floyd Mayweather in the boxing ring last August.

When asked earlier this week was close to confirming his return, McGregor told TMZ: “Yes, very close.”

 

He was then probed over whether it would take place this year, adding: “I believe so. I hope so.”

McGregor, who is currently in New York, confirmed the fight would probably take place in Vegas.

 

“We’ll see what happens,” he said. “I’d love to fight in the [Madison Square] Garden but I believe this one will be in Las Vegas.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *